The second(and the last) term test was on this Wednesday. We were tested on proofs, but not including the proofs for big O. I found the test decently fair because it was quite similar to the assignment we did, for instance, question 3 on the test was exactly like 1.4 in assignment 2. Question two looked a bit tricky first, but once I negated it and rewrote it as an implication statement, it turned out to be pretty straight forward.
The big O and big theta are getting easier to understand when I start to trace the code. I can just do a specific example of n first, and then generalize it into a generic natural number n. Also, we started doing proofs of a function of polynomial belongs to another function of polynomial. One confusion is that if for example a function ax^2- bx where b = a, and if we maximize bx to bx^2, then the entire function would be 0 since ax^2 = bx^2, does it still belong to O(n^2)? In my opinion it should because ax^2 is the highest degree and it belongs to O(n^2).
No comments:
Post a Comment