Assignment 2 is finally posted, and all the problems are proofs. The first question is a bit tricky for me because it involves proof using non-Boolean function and its definition. Question two is a bit simpler because those are the questions we did in class and tutorial. I will keep in mind that proving contra-positive is easier than directly proving sometimes when doing proofs.
The penny pile problem we did on Friday was also pretty interesting. We were given two pile and two operations to move pennies and a 64 pennies in total to see if we can get a number of pennies in any pile. My guess was that we can get any numbers that's in range because I have tested a few odd and even numbers and they all worked. However, I have no idea how to prove or disprove such a problem other than testing out all the cases.
No comments:
Post a Comment